For technical developments, usability plays a central role. Since even the most advanced technology can hardly assert itself by the user, if it cannot be operated easily and intuitively.
This especially applies to everyday products such as tablets or smartphones. But also in assembly and handling technology, ergonomic operation and attractive and user-friendly product design increasingly become the motor for productivity.
For this purpose, IEF-Werner developed a new, intuitive interface concept for the operation of assembly systems that is characterised by a high usability for operating as well as setup personnel.
The most important factor in the development of a GUI (Graphic User Interface) is usability. To achieve a maximum of ergonomics and thus usability, scalability of a software is of crucial importance. For this reason, the IEF developers have created a special template, that uses tabs and shift registers for the presentation. This allows the structured and clear illustration of even complex machine functions.
The main register principally serves the machine operator. It only provides functions that are absolutely necessary for production. All following registers are reserved for setup or service personnel. The main register and the following registers form separate navigation axes each. Thus, navigation can be adapted particularly for different target groups. The lower the educational background or qualification, the easier and clearer is its operating.
Thanks to the sophisticated IEF template - with the software TSwin - structured user interfaces can be realised in the shortest time.
- projecting of all operating units with a single software
- 9999 process images (memory-dependent in the operating unit)
- 16 languages can be switched online
- windows character sets, UNICODE freely projectable
- script processing
- 9999 operating and interference messages, 8 message groups (current & history)
- message buffer of 3000 messages
- 250 formulations with 250 data records each
- WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get)
- real image representation
- variables table
- templates for all operating units (DE/EN)
- project download via USB-drive or Ethernet
- symbol library with different icons of the industry
- reduction of development and service costs due to continuity and therefore scalability